Real Estate sales provide an opportunity to run your own business with a minimum amount of up-front cost. The idea of flexible hours can be a huge incentive, plus most people like the idea of not having a limit placed on the amount of income they can earn.
Becoming a real estate agent takes dedication and support. It requires long hours, but can be a highly rewarding career.
To start, the Louisiana Real Estate Commission requires that you must:
• Be at least 18 years of age.
• Have obtained a high school diploma or equivalency certificate (GED).
• Complete 90 hours of real estate education in courses approved by the LREC.
• Pass the real estate salesperson licensing examination.
• Provide a criminal background history
• Select a Broker who you would like to affiliate with (Sponsoring Broker).
Your objective in this business is to assist people through the process of buying or selling homes. Your business can come from people you already know or from complete strangers. You will get assistance from our Broker, who has over 25 years’ experience and is a past licensed instructor for the Louisiana Real Estate Commission. You will learn what tools to use to enhance your business performance.
- Provide guidance and assistance to sellers and buyers in marketing and purchasing properties for the right price under the best terms.
- Determine clients’ needs and financial abilities to propose solutions to them.
- Perform comparative market analysis to estimate property value.
- Market possible buyers.
- Prepare necessary paperwork (Leases, Purchase Agreements, etc).
- Maintain and update listings of available properties.
- Remain knowledgeable about real estate markets and best practices.