AVOID HIGH FEES AND POOR SPLITS
Don’t be fooled by the public relations campaigns from the big real estate companies that mislead you into believing you MUST work at a large brokerage in order to be successful in real estate sales. The large brokerages charge either substantial fees or keep too much of the sales associates’ hard earned commission. Those fees and poor splits are hindering the true potential of so many real estate salespeople. When you keep more, you're able invest more to advertise yourself and your listings
HOW TO GET AHEAD
Advertising and marketing are proven staples of success in this industry. That will never change! The top producers from every region of the country all spend money to make money. They use a portion of their commissions to re-invest in their personal brand and to promote themselves and their clients’ interests. This is what will lead to a long, prosperous career in real estate. But if you are giving away a large portion of your money to your broker or the corporate bosses, how can you afford to advertise and market yourself AND your listings? You cant!
IT’S ALL ABOUT YOU !
The truth is, it’s not the real estate company name that clients look for. They look for Top Agents and Experienced Salespeople that come recommended from friends, family, and co-workers. Despite what the large companies want you to think, it’s not the company name, it’s the individual agent! So if clients want YOU, regardless of your brokerage affiliation, why work at an office that keeps such a large percentage of YOUR money?
Real Estate sales provide an opportunity to run your own business with a minimum amount of up-front cost. The idea of flexible hours can be a huge incentive, plus most people like the idea of not having a limit placed on the amount of income they can earn.
Becoming a real estate agent takes dedication and support. It requires long hours, but can be a highly rewarding career.
To start, the Louisiana Real Estate Commission requires that you must:
• Be at least 18 years of age.
• Have obtained a high school diploma or equivalency certificate (GED).
• Complete 90 hours of real estate education in courses approved by the Louisiana Real Estate Commission
• Pass the real estate salesperson licensing examination.
• Provide a criminal background history
• Select a Broker who you would like to affiliate with (Sponsoring Broker).
We'll provide Marketing and Social Media solutions for attracting Buyers and Sellers.
- Provide guidance and assistance to sellers and buyers in marketing and purchasing properties for the right price under the best terms.
- Determine clients’ needs and financial abilities to propose solutions to them.
- Perform comparative market analysis to estimate property value.
- Prepare necessary paperwork (Leases, Purchase Agreements, etc.).
- Maintain and update listings of available properties.
- Remain knowledgeable about real estate markets and best practices.